Dr. David Gardner received his BA from The Ohio State University. He continued his education receiving his Doctor of Dental Surgery from SUNY at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine. Dr Gardner then completed a two-year General Practice Residency at North Shore University Hospital, where he served as Chief Resident.
He continued his postgraduate education completing a Fellowship in Advanced Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry. He remains an Attending at North Shore serving as Chief of the Implant Fellowship, teaching others the surgical placement and restoration of Dental Implants.
Dr. Gardner is a member of several professional organizations including Fellow in the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics and Dental Fellow in the Northeastern Gnathological Society, where he serves as Treasurer. He has received numerous awards and has contributed to the dental literature with several publications. In addition, he has served on the editiorial staff of the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants. Dr. Gardner has lectured nationally on concepts pertaining to Restorative and Implant Dentistry.
As Chief of the Implant Fellowship at North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Dr. Gardner instructs Dental Residents on the Surgical Placement and Restoration of Dental Implants. This commitment to education puts him at the forefront of his industry as it relates to procedures that enhance his patients’ smiles. In 2014 Dr Gardner was appointed Clinical Assistant Professor at NYU College of Dentistry, Division of Post Graduate Prosthodontics.
In 2011 Dr. Gardner co-founded the New York Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, a unique learning facility where Dentists can come and expand their knowledge and skill in a comfortable, intimate environment.
Raised on Long Island where he remains part of the community along with wife Isabelle they have two children Sofia and Michael. He enjoys motorcycles, spending time with family and helping his patients look and feel their best.
Call Roslyn Office Phone Number (516) 484-6394 to make an appointment with Dr. Gardner.
- Dental Fellow NorthEastern Gnathological Society
- Treasurer Northeastern Gnathological Society
- Fellow Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Society
- Nassau County Dental Society
- International Team for Implantology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologist
- The American College of Oral Implantology
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- A Case Study for the Predictable Reconstruction of the Hopeless Maxilla. Dentistry Today, June 2004
- Platform Switching as a Means to Achieving Implant Aesthetics, A Case Study. The New York State Dental Journal, April 2005
- Maintaining Crestal Bone around Dental Implants: Literature Review and Clinical Technique. Dentistry Today March 2006
Honors and Awards
- 10 Year Service Award, North Shore LIJ Health Systems. 2013
- 5 Year Service Award, North Shore LIJ Health Systems. 2008
- Outstanding Attending Award, Advanced Proshtodontics and Implantology Fellowship, North Shore LIJ Health System. 2011,2010,2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003
- Outstanding Attending Award, Prosthodontics, North Shore LIJ Health System. 2009, 2008, 2007 ,2005, 2004, 2003
- Dental Fellow Northeastern Gnathological Society 2013
- Fellow Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics 2015